Criminal Procedures

Citizens with a criminal complaint should first contact the Xenia Police Division for their assistance and investigation. The incident must have occurred within the City of Xenia and involve a person 18 years of age or older.

The police report will be forwarded to the City Prosecutor who will determine if there is sufficient evidence to file criminal charges. If there is sufficient evidence, you will be contacted by the Prosecutor.  

The City Prosecutor can authorize criminal charges only where there is legally sufficient evidence to demonstrate that a crime was committed by the person(s) accused. In the event that the Prosecutor determines your complaint is civil in nature, you will be advised to seek private legal counsel. Civil complaints include matter dealing with breach of contract, bad debts and landlord/tenant disputes.

Law Scales Clip Art